So this Super Bowl commercial is what inspired this blog!!!
Over the last year or so have worked on several projects around the house and yard!
This was one of the first home projects I did. The patio railing outside the master bedroom was rusted, paint chipping and just down right dull.
So I picked up a gallon of Chocolate Brown outdoor paint. It took several coats but I love the end results!!!! In the After picture below you can also see the NEW patio furniture we got too! =)
Just like the patio railing the front screen door was rusted in a few areas and again I was not a fan of the color, I wanted it to stand out a bit. So I painted the door the same Chocolate Brown as the patio. I love it!
Backyard Make over!!
Here is our tree in the backyard. We laid brick around the tree and filled with top soil. (the after in the bottom photo was still in a bit of progress but the brick and dirt was complete.) Next phase planting beautiful flowers! =)
On the East side of our house we had this beautiful tree and had really pretty purple flowers that smelled wonderful. But as you can see it was leaning over. We were afraid that it was going to fall onto our neighbors house. So it was time to take it down. That was quiet the project. After I cut down and removed the HUGE root. I built up a planter! For our vegetable garden! We laid down outdoor fabric and filled with top soil. Then planted lots of yummy veggies! =)
Our 4th extra bedroom. The first couple of years this room was our guest room/daycare napping room. As my Photography business has grown I needed/wanted an office to keep things more in order. I was using our kitchen table to work on edits. Which had been nice so I could edit while the family watched TV in the evenings. But it was getting old moving the computer for dinner and I had cords ever where with my external hard drives and printers...... It took a day to clean out and build my new desk, shelf and filing cabinet. =)
Laundry Room!! The floor in the laundry room was bad. The previous owners spilled paint, ripped parts of it up...... We managed to hid most of the holes with rugs and the washer and dryer. One Sunday I decided I had enough and started ripping up the old flooring. We ran to Home Depot picked out the new flooring. Monday morning I finished the project!! Its so nice!!!